Updated process of ZIP-6. Major changes include more generalized language so as to serve as an outline and process moving forward without requiring voting to make tiny adjustments. Henceforth until determined, we will make an announcement for positions as they are available to begin accepting applicants.
This document outlines the process for nomination and election of members to the Special Council. Any zerozero token holder can become a zerozero Special Council Representative and help moderate the zerozero community and the zerozero governance. Elected community members will be paid a sum up to 80,000 $00 using the Ecosystem Fund of the zerozero DAO for a period of 6 months.
To apply, fill out the form found in Nomination Announcement with details about your person, your ambition, and your capabilities for the role. Based on the answers you provide to this form, a post will be made in Special Council Announcements, a subcategory on the new Special Council category in this Discourse.
The reactions of the community and their thoughts on your application will guide the decision making process of the current zerozero DAO administration in deciding the Special Council Representative.
Summary of the proposal
The goal of this proposal is to have the current moderating administration team of the zerozero DAO select talented, passionate and capable community members to be part of the zerozero Special Council and moderate the zerozero community and zerozero governance. This will allow the DAO to rely less on current service providers moderating the governance and have governance be truly owned by the community members.
The nomination pool will be sourced through the community and any self nominations. The community will be able to influence the decision making process of electing a Special Council Representative.
To create the zerozero Special council, the zerozero DAO should hire zerozero Special Council Representatives to lead the council. The community members selected for the role of Special Council Representative will receive payment in $00 tokens, issued from the zerozero DAO.
A statement on why the zerozero community should implement this proposal.
Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) are meant to be decentralized, and one way to ensure this is by giving the power of decision-making to the token holders. By giving moderation policy power to the token holders, we can ensure that the zerozero DAO is more aligned with the will of its members and that moderation is performed in a fashion more aligned with the will of the zerozero DAO.
This ZIP is focused on the mechanics of the nomination process to ensure the community understands how zerozero Special Council Members will be elected as well as how they can participate in both the nomination and voting process.
An explanation of how the proposal aligns with the zerozero community.
Currently, moderation for Discourse and Discord is performed by a service provider called P00LS and some benevolent token holders. While these individuals may have the best intentions, relying on a small group to perform moderation can lead to potential biases or conflicts of interest, as they may not always represent the views of the entire community.
Adding tokenholders to the moderation team gives power to the zerozero community and allows zerozero token holders to gain further control on the DAO. We can therefore ensure that all voices are heard and that moderation is performed by a team that is representative of the voice of zerozero tokenholder.
A breakdown of the platforms that will be used to enact this election.
Refer to the zerozero Special Council on Discourse to find the sub-categories of topics related to the nomination process:
- Special Council Nominees
- Rejected/Withdrawn Nominations
A new Nomination Announcement will be posted in the announcements sub-category, detailing the nomination and election process as well as how to apply for the position. A link to a form for the application will be included in the Nomination Announcement and applicants will complete the form to submit their application.
Nomination Announcements will be posted at least 15 days before the election and applicants will have 7 days to submit their form.
Application Requirements & Recommendations
Elected Special Council members are expected to attend council meetings, review ZIPs, and commit 3 or more hours per week or as sufficient time as needed to the role.
Given that a key function of Special Council members is to work with and assess ZIPs and their authors, it would be beneficial if the Applicant’s skills, knowledge and abilities are collectively suited to the ZIP categories. The ZIP categories and relevant expertise are:
- Governance: Since Governance ZIPs have to do with how the DAO is governed, it would be ideal for the Special Council Member to have an understanding of how DAOs are run, specifically how the zerozero DAO functions.
- Treasury Management: Since Treasury Management ZIPs deal with how to use the DAO’s treasury funds, it would be ideal for a Special Council member to have educational and/or professional credentials in accounting, finance, business, economics or a related discipline as well as exposure to digital assets and cryptocurrencies.
- Transfer: Since Transfer ZIPs deal with transferring funds, it would be ideal for a Special Council member to have an understanding of how sending and receiving digital assets on the ethereum blockchain can be done, as well as its implications.
- DEX Governance: Since DEX Governance ZIPs deal with how to maintain the zerozero DEX, it would be ideal for a Special Council member to have an understanding of how decentralized exchanges, specifically Uniswap V2 works.
- Informational: Given that Brand Decision and Informational ZIPs deal with all matters related to what the DAO attaches its name, including projects, strategies, and identity, it would be ideal for a Special Council member to have educational and/or professional credentials in marketing, public relations, and/or a related discipline excellent communication and writing skills.
Phase 1 - Application and Verification - 7 days minimum
In this phase, Applicants will be invited to put themselves forward for the zerozero Special Council Representative role.
In the Nomination Announcement on Discourse, a link to a form will be provided for Applicants to submit information related to their person and their capabilities.
The information provided shall remain confidential, or made public with the nomination profile at the option of the Applicant. This information will include the application’s
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Discourse ID
- Discord ID
- Twitter profile
- Email address
- Phone number
- Educational background, subject to verification
- Professional background, subject to verification
- Valid passport or Government ID
- Nomination profile:
- The Applicant completes the nomination profile to build their case to the community on why they are the best suited for the Special Council and to further support the growth of the zerozero DAO. This nomination profile will be published on the Discourse.
- Nomination statement: concise statement on why you are running for Special Council
- Motivation: please provide details on your motivation for being an zerozero DAO Special Council member
- Rationale: do you have any previous experience that is relevant to the role of a Special Council member? Please discuss any skills relevant to this position and how these will bring value to the zerozero community
- Specifications: crypto governance participation, governance experience, previous experience (work or education), and/or ideas for DAO improvement
- Concluding statement: summarize your statement as to why you are the best choice for Special Council
All information will be treated as confidential except for the Discord ID, Discourse ID, and Nomination Profile which will be made public to the zerozero community for review.
Once the Applicant submits their information and nomination profile, a KYC and background verification process shall take place to verify the information submitted. The zerozero Foundation may engage an independent, third-party service provider to complete this process.
At any time, an Applicant can request to withdraw their application by email.
Phase 2 - Community Discussion - 7 days minimum
Applicants that pass the KYC and background verification process are Nominees.
A new topic for each Nominee will be posted under the new Discourse category zerozero Special Council > Special Council Nominees. This topic will be created by the administration team and will include the following information:
- Title: The title will include the name of the applicant
- Applicant information: All details that are public or selected to be posted as public by the Nominee shall be included in the topic
- Nomination profile: All details and information of the Nominee will be included in the topic.
Topics in this category will be locked for editing but will be open for comments. During this time, zerozero DAO members can engage on each topic or with each Nominee, ask questions, and seek clarification as required prior to voting for the Nominees.
At any time, Nominees can request the zerozero Foundation to withdraw their nomination from the process by email or on the topic itself.
Phase 3 - Election Process - 5 days maximum
The current administrative team of the zerozero DAO will elect a zerozero Special Council Representative.
The community’s feedback on the application of the moderator on both Discourse and Discord will be the most important factor in determining whether the Nominee will be elected or not.
zerozero Special Council Seats & Term Limits
Announcements for roles will be made in the announcements category on Discourse. Once a position is filled, the Representative may remain in the position for up to 6 months.
Should there be a lack of qualified representatives for the position, the position will not be filled.
Steps to Implement
The community will vote on ZIP-8 on Snapshot.
Community members will apply as Applicants to become a Representative of the Special Council. Following that, Phase 2 and Phase 3 will be implemented.
The current moderation policy for Discourse and Discord will be amended to reflect the transfer of power to the tokenholders and the selection of the moderation team.
A communication plan will be developed to inform all stakeholders of the change and how they can participate in the voting process.
Implementation of this proposal will begin immediately upon passage on snapshot.
The cost of this proposal is the cost to the zerozero DAO associated with paying the moderator.
The budget for the moderator in the first phase of moderation is set to a maximum of 80,000 $00 tokens for a period of 6 months, paid monthly.
Definitions of any terms within the proposal that are unique to the proposal, new to the zerozero Community, and/or industry-specific.
KYC: Know Your Customer (KYC) is the process of a business verifying the identity of its customers. For the nomination process, KYC will ensure that candidates will not pose a risk to the zerozero community and that they are not involved in any sanction list, sanctioned country, or business.
Nomination Announcement: A nomination announcement is a topic posted in Discourse that signifies the beginning of a nomination and election process. The nomination announcement shall include details about the process, timeline and relevant dates, the application and candidate process, and any other relevant details for the community.
Applicant: An applicant is any person who submits an application.
Nominee: A nominee is an Applicant that has submitted an application and completed the KYC and background verification process.
The zerozero Special Council Election Process: The ZIP that establishes an election process for the zerozero Special Council.